Monday, March 16, 2015

i drew a car


The Jaguar E-type has recently been voted Britain's favourite classic cars in this poll. I was commissioned to produce a drawing of it. It's not surprising that it is in the number one spot as it really is a thing of beauty.

I used pencil (a soft thick 4B) and marker pens, to make this drawing, both of  which are drawing materials that I've recently started using. I've never been much of a pencil girl. It doesn't really do it for me, but I kinda like these soft pencils now and again. The marker pen has been a revelation and I can't get enough of them these days. I did all the darker tones and areas with the markers, and it struck me that at one point I would have filled all that in with tiny cross hatched fine lines. Just the thought of doing that, now, brings me to tears.

You can see the rest of the list of Britain's favourite cars, and if you vote you can actually win this drawing HERE.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

...And a lovely drawing it is. :)

wagonized said...

I love this car but I love your drawing of it more!

Nerdatron said...

Lovely drawing. I found your blog through the Pen Addict, and I really like your style. As someone who is starting to learn to draw, it is always nice to see what was used to make a persons art, plus a little of their thought process.

northierthanthou said...

You drew a FAST car. :)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, folks.

France, as soon as I got that 4B pencil out I felt I was channelling you. Those lines will never really belong to me. They're yours!

Haha. A fast car indeed.

William said...

NIce art work. Hope it will help to convert the old car into a latest design. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Harold said...


I think that this is a beautiful drawing. That certainly does not need to be debated.

James said...

Nice. This is which models you want to draw, bro ???