Saturday, November 11, 2006

A is for...

Well, I was absolutely sure that there was an EDM challenge called 'Draw a goal or ambition'. Apparently not. I've just looked through the list and cannot find it anywhere. I must have dreamt it! Still, I would have been cheating with this one anyway, as it is about 10 years old. The ambition still stands though and that is to have my books published. I have two children's picture books that are just waiting for a publisher. At some point I'll stop procrastinating and start doing. After all, A is for action.

This was painted in inks and watercolour.
20cm x 20cm.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

With work like this I'm betting you will reach that goal very soon. I love the sepia look. It reminds me of an old-fashioned story book illustration.

Anonymous said...

Well Andrea, if you need a lift to get to that publisher, i'm your ride! This is such a gorgeous illustration -- its tones are warm and go so well with the subject. Is the little guy in the other ones too?

Teri said...

Andrea, EDM #48 is to draw a personal goal and this one surely fits this gorgeous painting! (I had to look thru my list of challenges because I thought there was one like this also).

Beautiful work!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks guys. I do like this picture mainly because of the colour. I just adore these tones, the colour of autumn. The charachter isn't great - his legs (or his body) are far too long. He's come a long way since then but he's still with me.

Thank you Teri - I was sure I'd seen it somewhere so I wasn't dreaming after all!

Cheers m'dears!

suzanne cabrera said...

In this case "A" is standing for me "Applauding" you! I am so excited that this is something you want to do! I am sure it won't be long before you can make it happen!

Robyn said...

These are gorgeous, Andrea! I love the monochrome work. It is different and very effective. I am adding you to my Bloglines listing so I can see more as you post.

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Unknown said...

Nice and poetic tones, you have a sweet touch.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate your visits and comments. Finding this group and starting the blog has given me a whole new confidence where my work is concerned. So thanks for he support. Maybe it's time to go chasing that dream.

Unknown said...

your drawing are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i think it is good